Monday, April 18, 2011

My shiny new iPad!!

Okay, I should say *our* shiny new iPad, as I am forced to share with other members of the family. The in-laws surprised us with this great Mother's Day/Father's Day/B-Day/You're Awesome! Day gift and I am over the moon.

Let me just say that I am not a gadget fiend. I've been using the same cell phone for three years now and I have an iMac that we bought almost five years ago. But I am officially addicted to this gosh darn iPad. We had to drive all the way to Orland Park (which is about an hour away on the other side of Chicago) on Sunday to find what I'm confident is the last iPad left in the Chicago metro area.

The only downside is I can't find a case for the thing to save my life. We went to the Apple store but all they have is these:


Cute and all but all they do is cover the screen. The demo iPad they had at the store was completely banged up on the back and sides. If you drop it, these "smart covers" aren't going to do much for you. I'm thinking about buying this instead:

http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zaggmate-ipad-case

On the plus side, it adds a bit more protection and has a nifty Bluetooth keyboard. The iPad folds down to fit nice and snug against the keyboard which sits in a heavy-duty aluminum frame. Unfortunately, it still leaves the back of the tablet uncovered.

So as of yet, I am iPad case-less. I'm hoping that in a few more weeks, more options will become available. Right now I have a simple, leather fold case but I want something a bit more robust (I'm talking about military-grade engineering here). If anyone has any suggestions, drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment